Monday 25 May 2009

Thank you to the extention lead inventor

Last Thursday I went to Skaterham, and was pretty bummed about my riding. I was told to stop being so impatient and that I can't improve every time I go, that sometimes you get to a level and stay at it before you take the next step. I know this. I just don't like it.
I convinced my boyfriend Ed to do a race in Hove Park last Friday because I was visiting my cousin at Brighton uni so I thought it would be good. But it pissed it down with rain, Ed finished looking like he'd just done a cyclo-cross race and nearly got blown off the path, and my cousin was cold, wet and unhappy. I felt quite guilty. But I got us all some wine (that Ed doesn't drink) and felt better about it. I then chose not to do track on Saturday morning because it would probably rain and it was far more fun to stay at cousin Alex's. The next day was beautifully sunny, so I felt bad again. We rode 3 miles into Brighton for the town festival and got given free cream teas at a nice cafe.
When I got home I was told that no-one went to track because it had been raining North of the Downs. Nice one :-)

I can't remember much else about my week. I was doing cycle training at some schools, 3 sessions a day, plus the extra session I always have in my head when I fall asleep because my brain has become so repetative. The best part was when I saw a year 7 girl that I taught at the end of her last lesson cycling home EXACTLY how she'd been taught. It was awesome!

Then my article in surf girl mag came out, written and photographed by Kate Czuczman. She's really talented. I was so excited to see it, right there, a full page spread on page number 24! Raising money for the RNLI by doing something amazingly fun and cool- cycle surfing! www.justgiving.com/cyclesurfing

Saurday I did track, but was a bit ill so I only did about 10 laps. I hung around and chatted to people though, which was very nice.
Sunday was a funny sort-of day, I can't decide if I loved it or hated it. At the beginning I loved it because I fell in love with the person who invented the extenstion lead. It meant that I could sew in the sun and I suddenly didn't hate sewing anymore. Then I got in the car, which took all my mental strength on such a hot day, only to find that someone had stolen my petrol whist I had slept!! I was on my way to bicycle ballet in Woking. Yes, that's rights BICYCLE BALLET! I didn't know what it's all about, and I still don't know what it's all about, because I got there to be told that I had the wrong day and that it's next week.
So I drove an hour home (still in the sun) jumped on my bike and gunned it the Herne Hill for the London Fixed Gear and Single Speed race day. It sounded so fun and I really wanted to get there, I was snarling at all the red lights. I got there 3 and a half hours late and was told that I couldn't ride. Bum bums. So I was given a beer, and watched the last couple of races. We all went to the pub after and I met some lovely people who talked about bikes, and just generally doing stuff. I like people who do stuff. I was flattered to cause a bit of a stir with my bike part Brierley jewellery and SPD high-heels. I gave out a few cards and went home to bed. Sad that I hadn't done any proper riding all weekend, but happy that I hadn't really noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment